Monday, July 2, 2018

World Cup Belgium vs. Japan thoughts





The Belgium vs. Japan match has got to be one of the most intense and most interesting games so far at the Russia World Cup 2018. For most, if not, throughout the whole game, my eyes were literally glued to the screen.

I was impressed with how serious and skillful the players were. I'm proud of both sides.

I really liked what the commenter said in regards to the goal which qualified Belgium and disqualified Japan to the next stage was done brilliantly.

"...was Japan the victim of their own corner kick when they sent so many players forward looking to win it themselves?"


Just moments before the winning goal... Japan was at an advantage, and even the commenter said:
 "Japan score here, Belgium['s] going home"

And then, it took a turn... Belgium made use of the opportunity (when Japan did not score) to their favour.

This made me think, has there ever been a time in my life where I was so sure that things were going my way only to realize in the end I didn't get anything because I was too confident?

Confidence is good... and sometimes things seem to go a certain way thinking we would get it... but we can never be 100% sure... there are so many things that can happen to change everything in an instant.

(might write a more detailed reflection later)

No comments:

Post a Comment