Thursday, July 19, 2018

Perception...

Blu Jam side order - Pancake with Chocolate chips 

It's funny how sometimes our perception and what we see determines what we think about something, isn't it? this is why the fashion and cosmetics industries continue to thrive. 

Let's take this pancake, for example, when it came, I immediately thought it would taste bad because it looked burnt. But to my surprise, when I took my first bite, I immediately recognize the "brown" stuff as chocolate. My brain and taste buds started to have a battle and I wasn't sure whether I liked it or not. 

Prejudice is very evident in our society, we always judge based on what we see and connections we have with what is "evident". 

I encourage us to take time to think about what we believe to be true... can we be wrong? 


No comments:

Post a Comment