Sunday, July 15, 2018

It's gotta be 12 o'clock somewhere in the world...

Clock Tower in TST Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong,
Clock Tower in Kowloon, Hong Kong

Earworm of the day: When I fall in Love - Brian McKnight and Celine Dion

While I was getting a certain update from a game... I realized just how big this world is... currently, as I'm writing, it is 9:18pm in Tokyo... and then it occurred to me... it's gotta be noon or midnight somewhere in this world...

a watch

it never fails to amaze me just how big and at the same time, how small this world is. With the aid of technology, we are able to connect with people who are very different from us, some choose to beat the time with their own efforts so they can be in control with how time is defined...yet we cannot run from the fact that they are geographically so far from us.

One example is China. China only has one time zone and it is calibrated to Beijing's "time zone", yet with the width of the country, there should be at least... 3-4 time zones. I wonder how those in the West side of China feel especially during winter time when it is still so dark, yet it reads 8:00am on their watches.


No comments:

Post a Comment