Sunday, December 16, 2018

time flies

yes, this is my wrist :)


A reminder of the day: time is precious... don't waste it!

Ever felt like you are constantly wasting time? over this past month I have reflected on this and wanted to change (it has something to do with my career... if I see a problem, I want to fix it).

things I notice when I waste time:

  • no purpose
  • no goal
  • no motivation
So my fix is... always have a goal of the day (no matter how minor) such as:
  • give yourself small tasks to do )e.g. pick up that annoying piece of paper on the floor (you'd be surprised how this little task will lead you to do more cleaning))
  • think of a benefit to a task (e.g. buy milk at the grocery store so you won't have to when you get really busy)
  • limit yourself from meaningless things (e.g. pointless games, daydreaming...) not saying you shouldn't do these... but limit it to say... after an hour of doing this, I will do other things...
  • if you have a few days, then give yourself ONE slack day (because we need a lazy day sometimes... if we can afford it ;) )

you can start there... and before you know it... you will stop wasting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment