Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Our family's very own 青花瓷


my family's 青花瓷 

I discovered this jewel today... Well... More accurately speaking... I didn't "discover" it, (since it has been with me since I was a toddler). This vase is my grandmother's, it was given to her by a famous monk from a temple in China. This vase is more than 500 years old. It is called 青花瓷... It was given to the temple as a gift by the Ming Dynasty emperor during the Ming Dynasty and later because our family had connections to that temple (my family has a lot of history and connections with Buddhist monks), it was given to my grandmother. It was given as a very honorary gift. 

It is such an honour to see it in real life... Who knows what stories lie within it and what this vase has seen and gone through... What's more important is that it is priceless. I am blessed to see this in real life, how did it survive the cultural revolution and such?

No comments:

Post a Comment