Wednesday, January 16, 2019

reusing daily contact lenses



this post is in a response to my blog post concerning reusing daily contact lenses please read it if you haven't already.

I have a lot of comments on that post and would like to share an experience I had this week.

I somehow managed to mix up my daily contact lenses. Depending on the day, I would choose Acuvue Oasys (bi-weekly) or Acuvue Moist (which are dailies). I make it clear on my post why we shouldn't be reusing daily contact lenses... so I wouldn't have thought I would experience reusing dailies... but accidents happen.

While I didn't end up with any eye infections. I did notice there was something weird about my contact lenses.

On the second day, the issues weren't obvious... but I started noticing that the fitting on my contact lenses was very off. Whenever I looked up, I notice some distortion and the contact lenses felt thicker. Whenever I rolled my eyes, the contacts were noticeably there (due to the curve and space between my eyeballs and eyelids, I usually am unaware of my contacts in my eyes)


one person actually commented on my post on her experiences

this is speaking from personal experience... I used to reuse my dailies and I started noticing that on the 2nd day and onwards the contact lenses is slightly stretched and the fitting is odd. I have sensitive eyes and can confirm that it is bad for you... when I reuse my dailies they start to feel less moist and easily dries.
the damages with the material isn't visible and obvious... so tears are already beyond fixing.

so to say that it is ok to reuse daily contact is quite ridiculous... yes, you can probably get away with it as some have but there is definitely a risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment