Saturday, January 12, 2019

Canada me vs Japan me

wind and I do not get along (jetlagged)

I am completely jetlagged... so what better than to do than to write a slightly lengthier post.

Canada me and Japan/Asia me are quite different.

In Japan, especially in Tokyo, I feel girlier, I like dresses and skirts and pastel. But in Canada, the girly me kind of dies a little and I become jersey, hoodie Stephanie.

I think it has to do with the environment and fitting in. It is hard to be girly when everyone else around you is super casual.

I remember back in grade 3, I wore a skirt to school and all my friends laughed at me... and said: "eww... you look so girly"... the younger me was so embarrassed to the point that I said I will never wear a skirt again.

In grade 9, while I was experimenting when eyeshadow, I got lots of hate... since then I stopped trying to even wear anything other than lipstick. It became my pride.

Moving to Asia definitely changed me... people are very cautious about their appearance, they need to dress up to go to the convenient store. This gave me permission to bring the little girl out of me and have the courage to try being girly again.

But now that I'm in Toronto... I have seemed to go back to casual, no makeup Stephanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment