Sunday, January 27, 2019

Angry Conversations with God


I revisited this book after having read it 4-5 years ago.

Over the past few years, I have read tons of books similar to this one and I came to a conclusion that while they are a good reminder that we all struggle, they don't help us in other ways. Each and every relationship with God is unique and the way He speaks to us is different.

We are all uniquely and wonderfully made in Him,

Books like these cannot guide us if we pray like this or if we do exactly what this person did, God will do this. There is simply no formula. When we read the bible, there are various ways people approach problems and God answers in different ways.

Back in 2014, I remember struggling to talk to God and people will use their experience, bible experiences and even books like these to help me... but none of them worked. I would get upset because I couldn't understand why when I follow exactly what people did, read exactly what they read, had the exact mentality and yet God didn't seem to respond to me. I come to the conclusion that my experiences are unique, my wounds are unique, I am unique; so God had a different way to handle me and shape me. Even the way we communicate is different.

Each and every journey with God is unique... and I'm still discovering mine's.

If you are struggling with your relationship with God, just ask Him, while others can share with you their journey, at the end of the day, it is between you and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment