Tuesday, January 15, 2019

failure

Otemachi station stairs

a friend and I had a debate whether persistency and success are related and if you aren't.. then you are bound to fail.

I think they are... and I have a story about it.
Some people are bound to fail.

Terry and her big business idea:

a friend, let's call her, Terry was always telling me how she is very frustrated at her job and wanted to change jobs. After some talks and convincing, I was able to gather that she wanted to open her own jewelry shop. Since I come from a business development background, Terry asked if I could help her with the proposal. After hours of talking, we talked about how we will execute her business plan and eventually retire. Everything seemed very positive.

a week after our conversation, I reached out to her to ask how she was doing, and as usual, she complained about her job... so I asked her about her business proposal. She responded that work got really busy but she will get it done.

a month after, I still haven't heard from her, so I asked how she was doing and just like before, she complained about her job and the likes... I then asked about her business proposal and whether she was still interested. She said she is definitely interested but she simply cannot write it because she has a lot of social events to go to. I asked whether she has even started writing it and she confessed that she hasn't even started.

ten months later, we got to meet at a common friend's gathering, and just like before she kept complaining about her job and how frustrated she was with her coworkers and she is determined to change. After hearing all of this, I walked up to her and asked her how her business proposal was coming along and whether or not she has ever done any research in regards to the jewelry business. Just like the previous times, she told me she was very busy and she just does not have the time to even think about starting a business.

After that, I stopped mentioning her business plan...  We still meet up sometimes and every time it is the same thing... she is complaining about her life and how she wants a change...

If you want to complain then do something about it... if not, then live with it. complaining and not finding ways to fix it is very disturbing and has become one of my biggest pet peeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment