Wednesday, January 30, 2019

my 2019 New Years Resolution

a walk around my neighbourhood

it has taken me almost a month but I have figured out what my New Year's Resolution is... there are two, but they are related:

1. declutter my life (which includes my house, phone and mind)
2. stop hoarding

Back in 2016, everything in my life seemed to be going wrong. I didn't have a sense of direction, a relationship went wrong, work was mediocre and I felt I didn't have a sense of direction. Old wounds surfaced and hurt me badly.

For the past 2 years I was suffering, no matter what I did, nothing worked. Even prayers didn't comfort me because I was so hurt and badly wounded.

I started developing a hoarding habit and while I wasn't a shopaholic, I would buy excessively because that felt comforting to me. Hoarding even the tiniest things (e.g. small pieces of paper, useless pamphlets and useless items) gave me a sense of security. It was tough.

a bible verse I live by:
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. - Philippians 4:12

Fast forward to 2018, my life started looking up. I had friends who cared, I gained a healthy support circle of close friends and my career has finally started to bloom. I moved from a mediocre career to something that is promising and will bring a better future.

So to bring this back to my resolution, I woke up. Hoarding useless items no longer bring security, God does. I have decided to declutter my life. 2019 is all about new beginnings so I hope to embrace this new start. 

New Year.  New Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment