Saturday, September 8, 2018

where it all began

hotel near Iidabashi

I finally took the initiative to go to the hotel I first stayed at (when I first came to Japan as a tourist, at 11 years old).

It is located near Iidabashi station. Honestly, I don't recognize most of the area... in fact, I have vague memories of it. Yet, it is where it all began. It was where I was first exposed to Tokyo. My room was on the 18th floor... and I remember being mesmerized by it.

I was at this hotel for 2-3 days and then we moved into another hotel... (and for some reason, I have more memories of that one).

It is funny how I was a tourist there,... I remember pretending to blend in and not being able to understand what the people around me were saying; There were so many weird characters... and I remember envying those who lived in this interesting city, ... and now I am a local... it is strange where life takes you...

No comments:

Post a Comment