Friday, September 14, 2018

Past revisited painfully...

random necklaces from Banana Republic... (I think)


Ever walked into a reunion and wondered why you have gone desperate ways with a group of friends?

I have... In fact, this was just weeks ago where I went to a reunion with a group of friends I haven't seen for quite a while. During the reunion, I can't help but wonder "wow, this group of friends are amazing... What was I thinking to leave them"? 

A few days after the reunion, I continue to keep in contact with them... Then the inevitable happened... I got hurt.

In fact, I got hurt almost the same way I did when I made the painful decision to part with them a few years ago. 

In my mind I was thinking: Steph, you are dumb... Why can't you trust your past self more? You made that painful decision, you ought to stick to it...

I admit that the time at the reunion was truly enjoyable... But some things will always be the same... People. 

I learned this time that... There is a reason why reunions should only be kept as reunions... It is wonderful to reconnect with friends and catch up with them over dinner or lunch... but always remember, there is a reason why you have decided to drift off... Never forget that reason.



No comments:

Post a Comment