Monday, October 25, 2004

Hey All!!
Well just FINALLY finished my philosophy essay! ! So I finally got the chance to go online!
Well, while I was sitting in class on Thursday (and yeah... that was the last time I went online ) I decided... since I'm taking philossophy now... and I know that most people enjoy quotes... why not create a quotes entry? ... so here they are: (sorry this is gonna be pretty long)
-Freedom is nothing else but a change to be better.*


-This world is not one in which certainty is possible. If you think you’ve achieved certainly, you are almost certainly mistaken. That is one of the few things you could be certain about.


-First law of philosophy: for every philosopher, there exists an equal and opposite philosopher. Second law of philosophy: They are both wrong.*


-Anyone learning without though is lost; anyone thinking but not learning is in peril.*


-The proper study of mankind is man.


-All men by nature desire knowledge.


-Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. *


-No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.


-False words are not only evil themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.*


-No human being can really understand another, and no one can arrange another’s happiness.*


-By doubting we come to inquiry, and by inquiry we perceive truth.*


-There are two sides to every question.*


-There is nothing more wholesome for us than to find problems that quite transcend our powers.


-Science never gives up searching for truth , since it never claims to have achieved it.*


(ps. *at the end of the quote means I most certainly agree with! )
ok... I think this is all.... for now... I think I'll continue next week than! see ya guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment