Thursday, November 25, 2021

The Blind Leading the Blind

In the Bible it is written:
He also told them this parable: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into a pit? - Luke 6:39

Leave them; they are blind guides. If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit." - Matthew 15:14

As an English Instructor in Japan, I am constantly on the alert to check my student's English and to correct them accordingly.

Today, a student was telling me how his English teacher in junior high school taught him to say a word (which was the absolutely incorrect way to say it)... and when he told me proudly, I felt heartless to break it to him that he was taught incorrectly.... When I told him, he was very surprised... and insisted that she was a junior high school certified teacher, she is Japanese though. After some convincing and going as far as taking out an online dictionary to prove that what I'm saying is correct, he finally gave in and admitted that she was wrong.

This leads me to think back during my devotions that when I am associated with "Christians" who would tell me exactly what is right or wrong... and it makes me feel... how can you tell me when you aren't 100% sure yourself?

(this was sitting at the bottom of my drafts so I decided it was time to take it out)
a month till Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment