Friday, October 12, 2018

Today I learned... British Museums

New York's The Met's lobby

Having been in Canada all my life, I always assumed you had to pay a high price (literally) to go inside a museum, except for Tuesdays, when it is free (also super packed) and not all exhibits are open. Museums in Canada usually cost from $15-$40 /person.

Today, a student taught me that British Museums are almost all free...  I. WAS. SHOCKED! I can't help but feel a bit ripped off... She told me that not only the big museums but also the smaller art museums are all free... (almost all of them, anyways) and even those that you have to pay, they range from $2 USD - $5 USD...

That makes sense... the ones in Canada do not... museums are an expression of culture, to teach and educate and allow for people to enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment