Monday, October 15, 2018

Interview questions - Personal Life

I found a copy of an interview I did way back in 2013... it's interesting how I thought of relationships and what I prioritized... I can't say I am entirely different, though. But dating more made me realize how "chemistry" is one of the key elements to make it work... regardless... enjoy how I thought of a relationship 5 years ago.

Are you dating?
No, not right now

What do you look for in a man?
Someone who knows what he wants, and tries his best to achieve his goals regardless of barriers and difficulties. I should reiterate that he needs to win fair and square, not using cunning methods. 

For example, if he really likes me, he has to try his best to be with me, he cannot give up because someone who "might be better" comes around... He needs to know that he can give me the best and confident that we will be happy together.

Have you had such experiences which lead you to this conclusion? Can you share these experiences with us?
Yes, unfortunately, one too many... Going back to a painful memory, I met a guy, let's call him "Brad" we were interested in each other, there are actually a lot of problems, we were immature at that time. He was insecure so he kept trying to flirt with another girl to get my attention, but even despite that, I tried hard to push our relationship further, one day, a male friend, let's call him "Chris" came to visit me and "how unfortunate" that while we were walking we bumped into Brad. The moment Brad saw Chris and me, he jumped to conclusions and pushed me out of his life entirely.

It was difficult after that, no matter how hard is tried to talk to Brad he would push me away, he felt Chris would treat me better, I felt like a parcel being pushed around, Brad tried to make it seem as if Chris and I were in a relationship and stopped talking to me, at that time, I was very desperate so I wrote him emails explaining there was nothing going on between Chris and me, but he refused to listen and in the end, ignored me... after that experience, I will only look for a guy with a strong (mentality).

That sounds like a terrible experience! What physical or other attributes do you look for in a partner? 

Hmm... To be honest, I can't really answer, as I know that when the "right" person comes, all these lists that we created does not affect our decisions in deciding whether or not to pursue a relationship with that person

But if you really want a list, it will go something like this:

The number one thing on my list would have to be: cherish me, never taking me for granted

The second most important thing is to: understand me, I am not a talkative person and can be quite an introvert, in order to be with me, and possibly be one of the most important person in my life, he needs to understand me through paying attention to me. Compatibility is key... being able to communicate is also key.

On with the other "less important but good to note" things:

Looks

  • Knows how to dress (to match his personality and enhance his looks, he doesn't need designer clothes, the most important is making himself look good)
  • Be a guy! Be initiative!
  • Have a brain (constantly being intellectual)
  • Must be taller than me (I'm only 5'2", I'm sure that's not hard to find)
  • Preferably Oriental race
  • Preferably Christian
  • Have a passion for something
  • Being really good at something
  • Open minded about issues
  • Traditional and conservative (keeping and appreciating traditions)
  • A kind and good heart
  • Hardworking
  • Knows how to love himself
  • Loves animals

hmm... and to end it off... I would say I would want to be in a relationship with a well-balanced guy.

Do you think you have found such a person yet? Who could potentially be your significant other?

No, not yet, I confess I am not actively seeking, but I do not see the need to be too desperate at the moment. I want things to happen naturally... friends around me always say I need to learn "mind games" or "methods" but those seem to only get temporary attraction... what I want is a long-lasting relationship.

But in today's society, we all view relationships as a game, don't you feel that by letting things happen naturally, you will "lose" many chances to be in a relationship?

 ... I don't want to use those methods to distract me away from the relationships that can happen naturally... because I know that relationships that happen naturally are a blessing from God and those are the best relationships one (or two) can ever ask for.


Thank you for your time, Stephanie, it was really fun working with you and learning about your thoughts and experiences in relationships. If there are any guys out there who are interested and meet her criteria, remember to reach out. You can visit learn more about Stephanie at A Simple Moment Reviews Blog or get more personal with her here.



No comments:

Post a Comment