Saturday, June 30, 2018

heart felt

summer dress with Rebecca Minkoff M.A.C. mini purse

Today was... an... interesting day. As minor as it may seem... (and this is the rape culture talking...) I was... sexually harassed on the subway. (for those wondering, I am fine now). 

I was on a fairly empty train so it was normal for me to get a seat. Right as I sat down, I started to do what I usually do, use my phone and catch up with people and respond to messages. A few stops later, while still on my phone, I was aware a few more people have gotten in front of me but it still didn't seem crowded. While still on my phone minding my own business, I started noticing someone's leg getting between mine's...  at first, I thought it might have been an accident, but he seemed to be invading my personal space to the extent it has caught my attention. When I looked up, I saw a man lurking over me, he had a book in his hands which were literally inches from my face. He pretended to read his book while trying to push his leg between mine's. I also noticed that the train wasn't crowded at all.

My first instinct was giving him the "WTF" look,  I tried to move away from him, at first, he tried to follow me, I started getting worried... and I continued to move away (I was sitting down so it was a bit tough to move very far) but fortunately, his stop came and he left...

I am ok now but am traumatized as how this could have happened. Ladies (and gentlemen)... please be careful... sexual harassment can happen anywhere and at any time! Always be aware of your surroundings.

p.s. I wasn't sitting like how it looks in the picture during the incident, I had to sit like this because I wanted to take a picture of my dress and purse 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment