Monday, January 15, 2018

New York (short short reflection)



Before leaving for New York, I told my friends and family that I will either really like it or really dislike it... turns out... I actually quite like it... but not in ways I would have imagined.  Below I separate the things into categories: What I was impressed with and things I was disappointed:

street near Union Square

The impressing:

People are extremely friendly (even friendlier than Torontonians =O)
The city, though being old, was considerably clean and very orderly

HOPE sign

New York seems to have a way to motivate people to be better. When I first arrived, I immediately noticed myself wanting to be better: as a better person, as a better individual, ...
Central Station Terminal was absolutely beautiful... it is the most beautiful station I have ever been to

Grand Lobby of The Met

The Metropolitan Museum of Art was huge... their collection was beyond impressing
Food was surprisingly cheap (compared to Toronto)

The Disappointments:

The public wifi sucks... what wifi? There is none available. The only one I managed to connect to was the one on top of Rockefeller Center.

The subway has major delays according to the schedule, I should have made it to a certain place at 10:30... but the unexpected delays delayed my trip till 11:30...

a random subway station

Some subway stations look like jail cells (XD).
I liked how the subway and train system connects the whole city, but... they need major renovations and maintenance done on it.


ok!... so it looks like there is WAY more to talk about... so I will do a part 2 of this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment