Saturday, April 4, 2015

Standard Charter weird looking building


Standard Charter weird looking building, Central
Standard Charter's "new building"

After lunch, I decided to take a small walk around Central. It was such a nice day... To my Canadian senses, it felt like summer... Though I think most did not agree (as they were wearing down jackets)

I have been hearing about Standard Charter's new building for quite a while now and today I finally got the chance to see it! (and no, my camera wasn't lopsided... the building is really slanted like that!) 

It is indeed a weird looking building... My cousin told me that before the building was built, it used to be a podium where people can eat lunch and just hang around during lunch and breaks. It seems quite unfortunate they have turned this place into another building :S.

Standard Charter weird looking building, Central
other buildings nearby

Back to the building... I find that the architecture is good... but it doesn't really fit the landscape... or surroundings. Buildings in Central are usually more traditional looking... so it really does stand out... I hate that the height... I hate how it isn't proportioned with the other buildings and the colours do not complement the other buildings...

what are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. It looks weirder in real life... Your picture made it look less weird...

    ReplyDelete