Wednesday, April 3, 2024

on the bus

 


yeah! we are finally on a bus... this bus reminds me of a mix of buses in Toronto and buses in Japan. 

The neighbourhood on this side looks very different compared to the French Quarters. We saw shacks, trailers, rundown graveyards, houses without basements, and rundown houses. I was shocked at how the landscape could be so different from the other side. (I regret not taking any pictures... but I was getting a bit car-sick from the ride)

I was reminded of the Hunger Games, where the French Quarters and Financial districts (similar to the capital, Panem) are so prosperous and on this side very poor and lacking. Our 30-minute bus ride was eye-opening and made me realize that there are more sides to New Orleans than I thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment