Monday, February 19, 2024

Elm trees!

 

Elm Trees


After lunch, we decided to head NOMA (New Orleans Museum of Art), it is located a bit further from the city. We took the tram/streetcar and arrived at the entrance. NOMA is located inside the city park, so we had the opportunity to enjoy walking and exploring the park. 



Since this is my first time in the southern states area, it is my first time seeing elm trees!! I was captivated by the smoothness of their barks and the shape of the trees was very unfamiliar to me. I was also fascinated by their... grassy leafy fluffs dangling from some of the trees!


According to my phone, this is also an Elm tree, but a different species. 


The pictures do not do it justice, it is actually REALLY big, if I stood next to it, I wouldn't even reach the first branch's height.

Look at how smooth their bark is :) the elm tree quickly became one of my favourite trees :D


edit! I found a picture so you can compare the size of that elm tree.


you can see how big this elm tree is compared to my friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment