Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Fear



Fear is real. It determines what we will do, it steers us into a path of mistakes and wrong decisions.
When someone is living in fear, you can tell what their next steps will become. They are not only predictable, but they also dig their own grave.

One of my struggles is fending off my fears. I sometimes let my emotions get to me, so I am unable to see a clearer picture and end up making the wrong decisions.

My mid-year challenge for myself is to not be driven by fear, not be controlled by fear.

sun and clouds

So... how do I do this? Easy, speak to God more, let Him be my first resource, read the Bible and let His truths sink into me so I am deeply rooted. As the Bible says in Psalms 1:3 "He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water. Which yields its fruit in its seasons And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers" also in Jeremiah 17:8 "He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit."

No comments:

Post a Comment