Monday, September 11, 2023

R.I.P. trees: a tribute to two trees


see how beautiful and magnificent they were 😢 

One cannot fully understand the extent of pain felt over losing a tree. Yes, I said "tree". And over the summer, thanks to a heartless neighbour, I lost at least 2 magnificent trees. 

the magnificent trees they chopped down

it was with us during the smokey fire season


These towering giants were at least 100 years old and have been part of my landscape for almost 20 years. They have been integrated into my life.

the landscape feels very different without these trees

it isn't very obvious now, but it will be when winter comes :(...

this picture was taken in February 🌲 

Before losing them, I always perceived trees were just as, well, trees... but they aren't... it is similar to losing a pet. Trees are living objects, and although we don't interact with them like animals, they impact us, and their absence leaves a lasting void in our surroundings.

a typical summer with our trees

in the break of dawn


the landscape of my backyard feels empty


goodbye, trees 😢 


🌲 🌲 😢 😢 😢 

No comments:

Post a Comment