Sunday, April 30, 2023

first Hk style cafe

 


So this might be a bit deceiving... in English, there is no difference between the two types of cafes... but in Chinese, they are called: 茶餐廳 and 冰室.

茶餐廳 can be directly translated as tea restaurant and 冰室 can be directly translated as ice room used to be different. But now they are similar and most people in Hong Kong use and name them interchangeably. 

Traditionally, a 茶餐廳, tea restaurant, is used to serve meals and a 冰室, ice room, is historically used to serve snacks and anything in between meals.


I have been to multiple 茶餐廳 (tea restaurants) in my life but never been to a "real" 冰室 (ice room). I really enjoyed this ice room :)... it was very nostalgic, especially for my parents.


The place was very full during lunch time, so this was the only picture I could take (a huge group of 12 people left and I managed to take a picture before the next group came in)


I ordered a dish of beef organs :)

beef ball noodles



liver rice rolls

iced lemon water

No comments:

Post a Comment