Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Pokemon and Japan


It is actually quite strange... how it seems my relationship with Japan has something to do with Pokemon.

I still remember the first time I came to Japan (with my mom when I was only 11 years old), Pokemon was just starting to become popular in Canada... I remember fascinating over the amount of Pokemon, Miffy (back then I didn't know who Miffy was), Hello Kitty and Dragonball Z merchandise there was. I remember seeing a big Pikachu Plushie.

Fast forward to 2016. This is the first time I have decided to leave home and live in a foreign country by myself. With the help of God, I ended up settling in Japan... for those who are aware (who wouldn't be aware) Pokemon Go launched... causing a crazy infatuation over the new location-based augmented reality game. 

When I talk to people about Pokemon, it brings back so many memories: childhood memories, my first impressions of Japan/Tokyo... I remembered after that first trip, I decided that I would like to live in Japan some day... and look where I am... almost 20 years later...

It's strange where life can take us...

No comments:

Post a Comment