Thursday, January 9, 2014

complicated failure...

photo credits: www.nytimes.com


things I realize I suck at:

1. receiving compliments
2. ending phone conversations... (or any conversations in general)


1. I never know how to respond when people compliment me... do I just say "oh thank you" (Would that mean I am arrogant enough to accept that compliment?) or do I just "ignore"? Which would make me really impolite...

My reactions are definitely priceless when I get complimented... I just end up looking weird, smiling, puzzled, and not knowing how to respond (oh no)

2. How do you end phone conversations? If you had a really nice conversation, do you just stop there? end everything abruptly and ruin the mood?

if you had a really bad conversation, do you just stop there? as if, "I don't want to talk to you because our conversation is bad..."?

I had a few phone conversations these past few weeks... for some, I had to leave (for work) or others, I simply did not know how to end... one of the most awkward ones I had:

Steph: erm, sorry, I gotta go
Friend: ... oh...
Steph: I'll talk to you another time
Friend: ....


why are things so complicated?
sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment