Thursday, December 27, 2018

Subculture and me

ham/drumstick 

I guess it is no secret that I'm not really into subcultures. I mean... I have always been very mainstream. I check out what is available to me without going through the extra effort to look for something I might like even more. (I am sounding like a very boring person right now XD). But honestly, I always settled for what was available in advertisements, marketing material and magazines. 


but for the past few months, I have been exposed to a lot of subculture. My friends have started bringing me to places like Village Vanguard and DonQi Hote (I usually only go to Donqi Hote for groceries and shampoo) and showing me other parts of the store. 


Honestly, at first I was very reluctant, but since my friends were so persistent, I decided to give it a try and to my surprise, all my prejudices towards subculture were destroyed. I'm not saying that I liked everything I saw, but I have a new respect for the quality and creativity put into their products. (I have to admit that some things are very expensive at these places).

This is one very interesting thing I am learning and continuing to learn is that when you are prideful, life will always show you underwise and try to humble you.

This encourages me to try something new every day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment